October 5, 2009

Life

Okay, I'm not good at this whole blogging thing...

I'm going to keep popping on here to do updates on the family only. I'm not a writer and I don't want to be...I just want people to know what's going on with the kids and us.

I just got home from a women's retreat yesterday and it was really nice. There were just 19 of us and it was perfect. Had a great time with everybody and the speaker was great, spoke right to my heart. She spoke on the callings that God puts on our hearts and how to have faith to slowly get there. Very refreshing, just wish I could have left Juliette home with daddy!

I've decided to quit reading blogs of people I don't know except a few that I read for good deal finding and healthy living. I think it's like soap operas and I get sucked into needing to know every detail of their lives and really it doesn't matter! Just a waste of time for me. It's hard and sometimes tempting to pop on to look at them, but I'm trying really hard not to.

The kids are doing great. Maddox's language development in the last few weeks has blown me away. He's says things in full complete sentences and is often saying words I didn't know he knew! He's starting saying "I love you, too" when we tell him that we love him. My favorite thing ever has got to be when he comes running up to me with arms open wide and says in the saddest voice, "I need a hug!"

Juliette is almost crawling. She's a very determined little girl and definitely wants things done her way. She's currently picking on her brother who is trying to sleep (he's on the floor, it's his fault ;-) .

1 comment:

"Sunshine" said...

Hi Emily, your blog entry is refreshing and inspiring. The first thing I did after the retreat was to cancel my Facebook account. I felt a huge relief and also a spiritual lift. Facebook has been such a distraction and does not bring me satisfaction, rather a curiosity.
I am, instead, enjoying my blog and the "art" of writing my thoughts and experiences.
Lynne Olson and I have made a commitment to read the bible and to hold each other accountable. I am loving the time. In order to do that I decided to cut back on other activities.
If you want to join us, please let me know.
My blog is www.annikaandsofie.blogspot.com
Sending you my love,
Ragna
Sending you love, Ragna